Founder of the World Scout Movement
For almost a century the Boy Scouts of America has made it its mission to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. Boys join Cub Scouting because they want to have fun. For boys, however, fun means a lot more than just having a good time. "Fun" is a boy's code word for the satisfaction he gets from meeting challenges, having friends, feeling good about himself, and feeling he is important to other people. While the boys are having fun and doing things they like to do, they also learn new things, discover and master new skills, gain self-confidence, and develop strong friendships.
If you are a boy in first grade through fifth grade—or you're 7 to 10 years old—then Cub Scouting is for you, and for your family, too. There are several ways that you can learn more about Cub Scouting in general and about Pack 1100 specifically. The links to the left contain a lot of information about scouting and about Pack 1100, please feel free to start with the Frequently Asked Questions, or "FAQs," page linked on the left to learn a little more.
If you have additional questions or you're ready to join the Pack, please feel free to either;
- Contact our Cubmaster, Carl Hyltin by using the Contact Our Pack link at the top of the page, or
- Come by a Pack 1100 Pack Meeting and talk directly with a leader!
- We meet at Hamilton Elementary School, located at 12050 Old Kluge Rd., Cypress, Texas 77429.
- Pack Meeting dates and times for Fall 2010 are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 6:45PM
- Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 6:45PM
- Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 6:45PM
Below, you will find some additional materials including youth and adult volunteer applications and the Pack 1100 Fall 2010 Recruitment Flyer.